Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Last Hurrah

I don't know what to say except the following: GoodGollyMissMolly celebrating Megan's bachelorette party a couple Saturday nights ago was a blasty blast!

Meet Megan my beautiful future sister-in-law





Want to know why she's perfect for my brother?

1. She stands her ground.  Megan doesn't ever let Logan's smart comments get to her.  She's always got a witty comeback. Girl's got game.  

2. Logan's sisters (including myself) absolutely love Megan.  Now I'm not saying we're judgmental people… okay who am I kidding? We have always picked apart every girl Logan ever dated.  The good news is that Megan passed the test with flying colors.  It was love at sister-in-law first sight.  

3. Megan is a bargain shopper.  She makes extreme couponers look bad.  I'm guessing that's part of the reason Logan fell in love with her.  The kid loves a good bargain.  Like I'm talking definition of bargain shopper. Sadly, I did not develop that quality.  

4. Most importantly Megan loves my brother....even when he tells her the cake she baked for his Birthday tastes a bit dry....even though it took him a LONG time to finally propose...AND she loves him even after the time he backed his truck into her brand new vehicle (He never looks in his rearview mirror).  


Back to the Blasty Blast...Please note the height of my shoes above.


When deciding what to wear for a night on the town with the girls I oh so wisely decided on an adorable pair of high heeled wedges.  They were a must.  

Why you may ask?

Tall, fancy, and fabulous were the words flashing through my mind.  

Wrong, wrong, WRONG.  They were not a must. 

No matter what your mind tells you do not, I repeat do NOT wear heels for a night on the town.

I must say though, I did receive some compliments on my fabulous shoes...which made the pain fade a little bit.

I even had a guy ask me what I was going to school for.  I oh so proudly replied, "I'm studying agronomy!" To which he responded," You're an agronomist? You don't look like your typical agronomist to me." 

Way to stereotype mister.  

I'm a proponent of the saying anything boys can do girls can do better.  (Sorry boys. I'm all for strong independent women!)  

Anddddd back to the pain of my shoes...    

Let me paint you a picture of how I looked at he end of the night:

(Note: i'm basically crawling back to the hotel because I can't even walk.) 

I was saying things like "I'm never wearing heels again. I don't care if they're cute. I'm throwing them away when I get home."

I was looking like a hot mess all while walking barefoot through the streets of Des Moines.

I was following suit to my mother who was also on the struggle bus.   

I was in pain.  

I thought I might even cry.  And for those of you who don't know me I'm like Cameron Diaz in the Holiday; my tear ducts are dried up or something.  I just don't cry. (Okay, I'm not heartless and I do cry sometimes, but you get what I'm saying.  It's a rare occasion)   

Lesson learned: Comfort always overtakes fashion.  (Stacey and Clinton on What Not To Wear would 100% disagree with me.)  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment